Tuesday, June 26

Episode 05: Set Out For Trip

Finally that day came!! The day to leave Pune, the day to leave my roommates and esp. the day to have a break from my office work. From the morning itself, I was so excited.


No mood to work also. I was updating my Blog MiLeStOne just to inform al my readers about my trip and that I would not be able to post for coming week.


Though I had already applied for the leave online, I thought it would better to ask once personally with TL (Team Lead). I got the best wishes( ‘Ve a Nice Journey, Enjoy the Trip, ‘Ve a Lots Of Fun, Bring sth. from there.. bla .. bla.. bla….) from my TL and project mates. I felt a bit good.


I had not packed my luggage and arranged my stuffs. Actually the train timing was too late at 4.30 AM. So I had ample of time to get packed up. But also I was planning to leave office early. At least I didn’t have to do anything in haste.


“Nothing happens as per our wish”. I was well aware of this fact. But, in my case, sometime thing happens just opposite of my wish. It was around 5.30. My TL called me and showed me one document from onsite. Oh god!! It was a defect in my code. I was supposed to fix at very moment.


Hurriedly, I opened my machine and went through the portion of code where I had to modify. My adrenalin level was going up as I had very less time. There was no any option. I had to fix that by hook or crook. Initially I was not able to point out the error. By hit and trial, with more than two hours of R&D, I came to know where the problem was. Then I fixed it in no time. By that time it was already 8.30.


Then I rushed to my flat with my colleague. There was so much traffic on the road. I remembered the MURPHY’s Law that I read few days back in my forward mail.


Few are here:

  • You can never determine which side of bread to butter. If it falls down, it will always land on the buttered side.
  • If u come early, the bus is late .If u come late, the bus is still late.
  • Once you bought something, you will find the same item being sold somewhere in cheaper price.
  • When in a queue, other line always moves faster and the person will always have very complex transaction.
  • If you have the paper, you don’t have the pen. If you have the pen, you don’t have the paper. And if you have both, no one calls
  • If you have bunked the lecture, professor always take the attendance.
  • If you forget to do/bring the assignments, teacher always starts from you.
  • If you leave for examination hurriedly, there is more probability to forget the admit card or I-Card

I just want to tell, whenever I am in hurry somehow, somewhere trouble comes and make me more late.


When I reached home it was around 10.I was in confusion whether to have the dinner or arrange the luggage. I chose the 2nd option. I was just collecting the stuffs I had to carry. I remembered I had to press my few t-shirts. No sooner I started pressing my t-shirts, power went. Was not it the super MURPHY’S law. Then I searched the candles with the help of mobile light. By that time my roommates were having dinner. I didn’t have to mention how much trouble I faced to fetch the candle. Then I joined them for dinner. Anyway it was also one pending task. Better to complete in good time.


I waited for light and arranged all the stuffs with the help of candle. Still power didn’t come. Then I gave up pressing the t-shirt and folded it carefully to have minimum wrinkles. After couple of minutes I finished packing up everything, light came. I thought why god teased me so much.


It was around 12 PM. My friends were calling me to ask when to leave. I asked all to gather at Comesum (24-7 cafeteria in Station) by 3.There was no point of reaching the station early because our train timing was 4.30.But the problem was we would not get any vehicle(Auto) to go to station in late Night.


My roommates were a bit upset because they were missing me. More than me they were missing the Trip (Fun).But they could go as they would not get leave from their office. It was also the 1st time; I was going for trip without close friends. Anyways it was not the time to be so sentimental.


All the three roommates came to leave me upto bus stand. They carried my luggage. It was quite heavy because I had bad habit of carrying everything spare. There was no auto around. But luckily one van (sumo) stopped for the lift. And coincidently it was going via station. I thought this time god gave me compensation!!!


Remaining in next Episode!! Just wait!!

1 comment: