Thursday, June 28

Episode 06: Three Hours At The Station

Finally my journey started!! I was in a van on the way to Station. It was a vehicle of one of the Call Centre located at Koregoan Park (One of the best hangout at Pune) and was just returning back dropping a senior associate. Driver himself told me without asking a question. He was now going back to home which was near by the station. He was asking me lots of question and ‘em answering in one word (just Like Rapid Fire in Coffee with Karan).Though I m loquacious in nature, I don’t entertain talking with strangers.


Driver slowed down the van once he spotted any one standing on the road side and started shouting STATION-STATION because he could make extra money. But his bad luck!! All the way he got only one more to get in. I didn’t even speak to the new passenger. I was so surprised to see road with out traffics. I always had to face hell lot of traffics and signals while going to office. But now no more red lights!! The van was running around the speed of 80 giving the gentle bumps.


Within 20 minutes, I reached to station, which usually takes almost one hour. I directly moved to the Comesum where we were supposed to meet. Navin, Praveen and Diren were already there sitting just in front of Comesum with their luggage. I didn’t see the Niru near by. Navin told me that she was coming around 3.30 by college bus.


So surprise!!! They were also coming from same college but they didn’t get lift. Actually the problem was, Hostel warden didn’t allow them to go with the girl. I didn’t make out any logic behind it. I can say it as “Height of Conservative”. So they came by auto early.


It was around 1.30. Still 3 more hours to go!! It was hot even at midnight. And to pass such a long time in the Indian Railway Station was not a joke. Rush of people, continuous announcement of arrival n departure of trains, lengthy horns of train, pungent irritating smell from railway tracks, crowded platform full with street vendors, suffocating environment… its simply horrible.


But 24-7, Air Conditioned, well managed, multi-cuisine restaurant, Comesum, is only one option for the Passengers to halt in the station. But they wouldn’t let us sit for 3 hours.So we just kept talking something nonsense. After sometime our 5th friend, Srijan, also came. He had to come from the University which is comparatively nearer to station.


We were getting bored. So planned to go to cyber (upstairs in Comesum ) turn-wise because there should someone to wait for the luggage also. Praveen and Diren went 1st.Then I went alone as Srijan was not interested and Navin had to wait for his sweet heart.


In Net, I directly opened internet explorer and started typing www.alapot.blogspot.com just to check the recent visitors, any comments in my post and more importantly to click in my adsense. Next thing I used to do in the cyber is go to Internet Option under Tools and change homepage address with my blog url. So that anyone who sits in that machine has to see my blog by default. This was also one way to increase traffic to my blog I thought in the beginning of blogging.


The Cyber was so congested and suffocating as there was no AC. Within few minutes I started sweating and could not tolerate more than half an hour. Rate was also so expensive @34/Hr.


When I came down, Navin was not there because Niru had came and they two went to have MoMo( best fast food in Nepal),one of the delicious and mouth-watering dish in Comesum for us. It is actually steamed food with Kima (Smashed mutton/chicken mixed with seasonings) wrapped inside the flour just like Samosa.


When they came back, I saw red roses in their hands Might be they have exchanged the rose wishing for happy journey but I didn’t ask. Actually they were new couple. Navin had just purposed couple of weeks back. So they might get fun in doing such stuffs. I had never spoken to Niru before. I just saw her in the cultural program of college where she performed folk Nepali dance.


Then we moved here and there to pass the time. As I didn’t have the proper dinner, I went to Comesum with Srijan to have some fastfood. We had Veg Fried Rice. By that time it was around 4.20.We rushed to the platform and waited for the train. Train was coming to platform with loud horn. All the passengers were running along the platform. But we were already in right place, where Coach No S3 was supposed to stop.


Story of Train Journey … In Next Episode … Coming Soon………

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What happened next?

Unknown said...

where is episode 07?